Terms and Conditions of Use of JS Miniatures/Small Scale Lights
The term ‘JS Miniatures’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Coniston Drive, Handforth, Cheshire, SK9 3NN. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
For any further information please email webmaster
This sets out the type of information we collect. It tells you how the information is held and how it is used. There are contact details for queries about your personal information. All personal data collected will be treated in accordance with current data protection laws in the UK.
What information do we collect?
When you place an order online or by telephone, we create a record in your name containing your contact details. For telephone orders we will also collect your address details so we can send you your order. We do not process or store debit/credit card details - they are processed by third party payment providers, PayPal and Stripe.
We only hold basic personal information, eg contact details and we do not hold any sensitive personal data about members of the public.
We may collect and store the following information:
- contact information including address, email address and telephone number
- information you send us related to your order
- email correspondance
- sales records of the items you have purchased
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information.
When an order is placed on our website we collect the following details: Full name, address, contact details – i.e. email address and mobile/phone number, purchased history, and analytics that show how you and other users navigate our website – i.e. IP address and operating system.
How we use your information?
We use your personal information in the following ways:
- To process orders placed online or by telephone.
- To process payments.
- For accounting and legal purposes.
- To contact you about your order by e-mail or telephone.
- We use information gathered from general order data to improve our products and services and try to anticipate demand.
- We may use stored information to contact individual customers for a specific reason, a product recall for example.
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
Your personal data is processed solely for the purpose of processing sales orders.
Any newsletters are only sent to you if you have signed up to receive them. We use a double opt-in system so you can not be signed up without your consent. We use MailChimp to deliver our marketing emails.
We gather statistics around marketing email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our emails. You can unsubscribe to marketing emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the top or bottom of any marketing email.
Who might we share this information with?
We do not share personal data with any other person or organisation unless required to do so by law.
Information relating to your payment method
Your rights and your personal data
You have the right to access personal data we hold on you. You can request the personal data we hold. You may also request that your personal data is deleted or corrected. Once we have received your request we will respond within one month.
There are no fees or charges for the request.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We use Google Analytics for statistical analysis to help improve our products and website.
The browsers of most computers, smartphones and other web-enabled devices are typically set up to accept cookies. If you wish to amend your cookie preferences, you can do this through your browser settings. Click on the 'Help' menu in your browser to find out how to do this.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website at www.smallscalelights.co.uk