Special effects fibre optic loom kit for a Sci-Fi cockpit with flashing and colour changing effects. 3v battery holder & on/off switch. Flashing/colour changing effects ideal for cockpit displays, computer screens or other special effects in models.
0.25mm strands are very flexible with a minimum bend radius of 5mm.
0.75mm strands are fairly flexible with a minimum bend radius of 15mm.
This is PMMA cable which is inductrial grade fibre.
Perfect for providing small pinpoints of light where LEDs would be too large.
Possible uses include:
Warhammer models for console lights, guns, Sci Fi models, spaceship consoles, dash board lights, computer consoles etc
Installation is best done before gluing the model together so wiring can be hidden in the shell of the model. Holes are best drilled before painting.
Fibre optic strands will be left 5 inches long for trimming to correct length after installation.
- Flashing and colour changing effects
- Option for 5 strands or 10 strands of fibre in each (choose from Extras)
- 1 x 3mm LED with 5 x 0.25mm fibre optic strands, 5" (13cm) long strands - Flashing
- 1 x 5mm LED with 5 x 0.75mm fibre optics strands, 5" (13cm) long strands - Slow Colour changing
- 1 x 3v coin cell battery holder with mini on/off switch or 3v AAA battery box
- 1 x connector block
- PDF Instructions with photos
- These need to be run separate to static lights in case of carryover of flash with coin cell batteries
Please Note: I'm very sorry but due to Royal Mail Regulations coin cell batteries can no longer be sent through the post so a battery can not be included with your order.
Full step by step instructions will be included but these are fairly simple to install. Installation is best done before gluing the model together so wiring can be hidden in the shell of the model. Holes are best drilled before painting. Choose where you want the fibre optic strands to go and drill a hole of the appropriate size, glue in place with hot melt glue and connect the LED wires to the battery wires using the connector block.